Bilge maitenance

jhe1313@...

I am new to Amels and would like to understand best practices how to keep the bilge clean. On the A55 it seems very difficult to really scrub the bilge - for one, all the hoses need to come out, in addition to the tube with the float switch and only a contortionist can really reach all the places. I am thinking about getting a pressure washer to make things easier. Or are there chemicals one can use to dissolve the slime of soap and organic waste that seems to accumulate on the tube and hoses? Standard bilge cleaner seems to do nothing. Many thanks!

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #37
Currently in southern Italy