Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Down wind sail configuration

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Oh, Jazz. Not much of an Amel except the hull.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Aug 26, 2017 6:32 PM, "Ric Gottschalk ric@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Miles, I believe you purchased “Jazz”. As I recall it does not have the same lifelines & stanchions as Amel , no motorized Genoa furler, or the motorized main  and outhaul furler, it has new rigging, sails and possibly new mast, and  no  Amel struts or twin downwind poles. The engine and wiring  has also been replaced. My Santorin (46’) has twin slots with the Genoa  installed on the port luff and the ballooner (when used) is hauled on the strbd sluff.  My point is that many of the unique  Amel systems may not apply. It sounds like the former owner spent a bundle and you got a great deal. I am no expert on Amels but I am learning after 13 years how great my Santorin is. Has the former owner given you any history on the boat?

All the best,

Ric Gottschalk

Bali Hai SN24

Annapolis