New to group

travelviaoceans <travelviaoceans@...>

Hello to all,

I am new to this group and am searching for some info on later model
Amels, 1995 and up.
I am looking for a new cruising/live aboard boat. My sailing experience
is from a Pearson Commander in the early 70's to an Andrews70 that I
just sold.
I am very impressed with the Amels and was wondering if anyone had some
info as to boat speed.
Are these boats capable of 200 miles a day under normal cruising? Are
there any inherent problems offshore with the boats, things that should
be addressed or rreplaced prior to taking off.
The propulsion systems seems to transfer a lot of power through
different angles, does this have it's own set of problems.
Thanking you all in advance for reading this and to those that will
take the time to respond.
Happy New Year to all.