Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rpm

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Pat,

Sorry, my assumption was that you had an AutoProp. Please disregard my earlier posting.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Aug 27, 2017 10:53 AM, "Bill & Judy Rouse" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:
Pat,

I believe that you need to eliminate any sort of propeller fouling before doing anything else because it is the most common issue followed with the AutoProp needing a bearing kit. Next will be turbo and fuel system.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Aug 27, 2017 10:17 AM, "osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Ken

When you service the propeller, exactly what is done? Is it new bearings? Can one fix that one self or do I need to send it away? We have clean bottom and newly Velox on the propeller, and Greased the propeller but it  only reach 2600 rev on our TMD 22. Before we reached 2800, I thought it might be the turbo being slow and need cleaning again, or the injectors. We hade the turbo serviced 1000 h ago, do not know how often one should service it, we try to now and then runthe engine hard for 20 to 30 minutes to clean out some carbon dust.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259 currently in Bristol RI