Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bilge maitenance

Mark Erdos

Bill K,

I stand by my usage of bleach. The only copper in the bilge area is the copper grounding (which I easily replaced shortly after purchasing). While I agree bleach is a corrosive agent to copper, I do not think the 2 cups of bleach used every two or three months diluted with about 3 gallons of water and then flushed with fresh water is going to destroy my Amel. I see no evidence of corrosion to my copper grounding (which I inspect during each cleaning) and have used bleach for 5 years to clean the bilge.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Grenada

www.creampuff.us