Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Don't pole out the Genaker?

Peter Forbes

Eric,

OK - then I stand corrected my sail is doused by furling it up using an everlasting loop on a large wheel at the foot of the sail - we call that a code zero and that’s what we have on our 54.

Thank you Eric.

This forum is just a wonderful group of people who work so helpfully together - I love my Amel and this wonderful forum.

best wishes

Peter

On 27 Aug 2017, at 21:09, 'sailormon' kimberlite@optonline.net [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Peter,

A gennaker is a free flying sail like a spinnaker without a pole.

It is doused with a sock. We get amazing speeds from this huge sail. I had a bowsprit fabricated which makes this sail perform even better and is easier to handle.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376