Re: Bilge Bonding strap connection to the keel - stainless steel or copper

Philippe Morel

Considering state of copper stipe after use , it's allways in the deepest zone of the bilge . Grey waters are made of soap emulsion + grease , oil etc ...grey waters are always 8 to 10  pH , it explain copper dissolution , and my decision to move to stainless stripe . In chemical reactors , we currently use hard soda boiling solutions to clean after operations , and life of copper connection wouldn't be sufficient , it explain also move to stainless .
Something more , keel by it's coating coverage ( epoxy ) is insulated from sea , do you think that stripe is to bond keel to the rest of other metallic parts or to finalize evacuation of lost current ?

Philippe
BELAVITA SM2K 238