Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hurricane Harvey - Longbow

James Sterling

Thanks Bill.

Sent from Yahoo Mail. Get the app

On Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 11:41:26 AM CDT, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

James,

Great news about your boat, sad news about your heart attack.

I hope you get better

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool. com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 11:29 AM, jamessterling88@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Longbow, in the Corpus Christi City Marina was extremely fortunate.  At the last moment the eye of the storm turned and hit Rockport 25 miles away.  Rockport, a lovely little place, was almost obliterated.  There are many in the Corpus Christi and surrounding area still without power and everyone is helping each other.  Longbow rode it out in the slip and her lines stretched to the max.  We had left her when they called Cat 3 never expecting to see her again.  To make a long story short, she didn't have a scratch on her.  I'm extremely grateful because I had suffered a heart attack the week before and had just gotten out of the hospital.  My prayers go out to everyone affected and my friends still stranded on their boats in Kemah.

James Sterling

S/V Longbow SM2K #418