From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 12:15 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Colombia

Hi Eric,

We were planning to spend about a month in Santa Marta while we did a few land tours. I had not heard of the black muck falling from the skies, and have to admit, it does not much appeal to me. Too bad, as it looks like a nice town, and very nice marina. Do you have any good suggestions for a secure place we can stay in Cartagena? Hope we can meet up with you while we are there, and thanks for the heads up on Santa Marta.

Regards,

Steve and Liz

Aloha SM72

On Aug 30, 2017, at 17:54, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,

I see you are planning to go to Colombia. The Santa Marta marina is one of the nicest ones I have ever been in. Unfortunately across the bay is a coal fired plant. In 3 days you will be leaving footprints in the soot on deck . I did not know this and left the boat there for a month. When I returned everything to windward looked like a black flocked Elvis mural. It took 3 days to remove the sails and wash what we could. As we headed to Guadeloupe , when it rained, it rained black from the high rigging- Moral skip Santa Marta.

Cartagena is a better choice. When you get near Colombia , please drop me a note as I am there about every 6-8 weeks on business and would love to meet.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376