Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Anchor washdown pump replacement

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Paul,

I believe that there is also a possibility of water intrusion from:
Any hose
Any valve
Any pump
Saltwater manifold failure
Exhaust muffler/water separator/hose failure
Hose clamp failure
Exhaust Elbow failure
And more

I believe that we always have to keep all risks in mind when making decisions. The original anchor wash pump had a diaphragm and a seal behind the diaphragm which was equal in size to the actual diaphragm...not all diaphragm pumps have this extra but of safety. Personally I would not worry about Bill Kinney's caution any more than other known risks, although I completely respect his opinions and his research.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:02 AM, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Got answer from Jabsco today,

"There is the possibility of the pump leaking if the diaphragm fails but the hull fitting the pump is connected to should have a seacock which should be closed when the pump isn’t in operation."

So I will change to another pump, thank's for making me aware of the issue.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM259