Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Stern Seal

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

My experience is that the C Drive takes almost 9 liters. The C-Drive has been modified by Amel at least once which may account for a slight variance in capacity. The Amel-printed instructions state 9.5 liters.

It is possible that the "boat boy" that you hired spilled some oil into the gray water bilge, especially possible if he used no funnel. You may want to check this.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 9:19 PM, gashman@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all, thanks for the reply.
As always you are spot on. I did the job myself apart from filling the reservoir with the 8lts which was done by the local boat boy. I believe there was some air locks as I've since put in about another 2ltrs. I ran the engine in gear forward and reverse on the dock for about 30-40 min and no drop in oil and no milkyness. I can now breath again.