Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow Thruster Anomaly

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Kent & Tom,

I am guessing that Amel added the screw and washer in later models. a little later than your Hull numbers. I have seen this before, but have not recorded the Hull numbers.

I think it is a good idea for you to add it to secure the lip seal and prevent the tube from pulling it out. If I were you, I would do it...it is simple and easy.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 7:45 PM, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

SM 243 (1999) does not have the screw and washer.  I use blue RTV to hold the lip seal in place.  Since doing that and following all other instructions, I've had no water incursion.
Kent
S/V Kristy
St Michaels, MD