Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] The scoop on Santa Marta

Stephen Davis

JP,

Not a bad option if you really want to see Santa Marta. A one week stay in the marina if you get the 30% discount offered on there add in Caribbean Compass would be $181 plus tax, water, and electricity. The rate for for 5 days is slightly higher due to daily vs weekly rate. I'm guessing from a money standpoint, it is probably a wash between checking in in Santa Marta and going direct to Cartagena and hiring the required agent to do the paperwork.

Aloha,
Steve

On Aug 31, 2017, at 23:41, Germain Jean-Pierre jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Gang,

Taken from “noonsite”  … for those who don’t want a hassle.  Perhaps contact the Marina and enquire if they can begin the process before you come ashore???  I’ll give them a ring.

"Marina Santa Marta now has authorisation to act as a clearance agent. The marina will organise all clearance on behalf of the yacht owner. The only cost for clearing into Colombia at this marina is the cruising permit charge - however it does mean 5+ days berthed in the marina. On your 5th day in the marina, the agent will contact the officer from Customs-DIAN, who will inspect the boat and give the TIP. This process takes 48 hours.”

So it looks like I need 5 days in port.  Will keep a close eye on the coal dust …

Kind regards,

Jean-Pierre
Eleuthera, SM007

On 1 Sep 2017, at 06:38, Stephen Davis flyboyscd@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good thing I have to get an agent, as I might not have that much patience.

Aloha,
Steve

On Aug 31, 2017, at 19:14, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

It doesn’t matter where you clear in, the paperwork in Colombia is incredible. One mistake in the paperwork , and you have to do it again, even a misspelling.

Just sending money to Colombia and possibly have it  repatriated one day requires an agent for $150- Us and then about 6 forms from the Colombian bank and proof of where the money was derived from your USA bank to get the treasured form 4.

Fair Winds

Eric