From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2017 5:36 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Companionway ( washboard ) rubber seal replacement? [2 Attachments]

[Attachment(s) from mdondra@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

We found a pretty good replacement for the weather seal on the sliding companionway hatch on the SM2000. Belt Weatherstrip/Window Scraper Seal from Rockauto.com part no. 1371-4X2. 2 48" pcs cost $29. Only need 23.5" or 60cm so enough material to do 4 times. Assuming the 2 pictures come through, this Weatherstrip actually finishes about 1/4" above the wood, but is still lower than the hatch itself when fully lowered, so is protected from foot traffic. The upper portion on both ends was trimmed back about 1/8" to improve water drainage.

Mike Ondra

Aletes SM2000 #240

Rock Hall, MD