Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amfa domestic watrer pump.wired backwards from the factory.

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Eric,

With a spare bow thruster motor, you win.

Best

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 9:55 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

I do not know who has/had  more spares You on BeBe, Alexandre on Nikimat, or Kimberlite.

Fair Winds

Eric

From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2017 10:28 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amfa domestic watrer pump.wired backwards from the factory.

Eric,

You are lucky to have a new AFMA pump. We can no longer buy them.

Best

CW Bill Rouse

Admiral, Texas Navy

Commander Emeritus

Amel School www.amelschool.com

720 Winnie St

Galveston Island, TX 77550

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 9:23 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

My Amfa domestic water pump was leaking.

I removed the pump and found that the circlip that holds the pumps shaft seal was broken and worked its way into the side of the seal. I removed the seal and found it also had a small chip in it.

I ordered the metric seal from a local supplier and also the circlip from McMaster.

Being that I had a complete spare pump I installed it.

The pump would not pump water. I added water in the output side of the pump and it flooded the bronze impeller.

I was quire frustrated.

I assumed there was something wrong with the new pumps impeller. I took it apart, everything was 100%.

I was working on the saloon table and had the old pump next to the new one. Luckily I noticed that the Square D switch was wired backwards from the new switch. Thus the pump was running backwards. I switched the wires and Voila- Water.

Possibly this might help someone installing a new amfa pump.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.