Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Best trade wind rig for an Amel 55

Gavin Shaw <gavingilmorelodge@...>

Thanks Joerg, very helpful.

We bought hull 9 (2012) a few months ago. Although the first owner passed on an Amel 55 owner's manual this provides no advice on rig and sail configurations. When we asked Amel if there was a user's manual with recommended sail arrangements they said no. Yet you refer to "instructions" for how to use the staysail when beating in strong winds. If you have Amel approved instructions for using the sails generally would you be able to send these as an email attachment?

Many thanks,

Gavin