Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow thruster Amel 55 - 009-2012

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Gavin,

There are a number of possible issues.

If I were you and since you are close to Hyeres, and since you are new to the 55, turn back and go to Amel in Hyeres.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sep 5, 2017 06:36, "gavingilmorelodge@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

The bow thruster is not driving.

The thruster goes up and down as normal but makes a grinding noise when the toggle drive switch is operated. The propellers do not turn.

I dived on the thruster and the propellors are free there is no debris but the propellors do not turn.

The thruster was serviced by Amel in Hyeres 3/7/17 and since then it has only gone to Golfe Juan. ( 50 miles )

I cant find technical information or a reference in the handbook.

I'd be pleased if anyone has suggestions or information to share.

Many thanks,

Gavin