Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hatch cover removal

Jean-Pierre Germain <jgermain@...>

Hello Pat,

I don't know if my Goiot hatches are the same as yours but I can tighten mine with a large Alan key on the port side of the hatch.

GL

On 5 Sep 2017, at 17:53, sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

My hatches don't stay open and I believe I need to replace the friction washer. I applied Pb Blaster for a couple of days , however they will not budge. Its a 1/2' SSteel rod ,threaded into the aluminum frame. Has anyone had any luck ever removing these rods or suggest how to. The fiberglass and lens is very close to use a torch. Also is there just two black plastic washers or more per hatch, I don't know as I have some missing.

Thanks,

Pat SM123