Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Best trade wind rig for an Amel 55

hanspeter baettig

Hello Gavin
as a long time amel owner (SM ) I understand the reply from Amel about your "?" question if Amel provides a manual about sail arrangements. Why Amel said no ?
Amel can not look always about your actual weather conditions, simple , you understand ?
Maybe you should first learn sailing on a dingy  😉have big pleasure with your great boat.
Fair winds
Hanspeter
SM16, Tamango2
Alger, Algerien

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 05.09.2017 um 13:15 schrieb Gavin Shaw gavingilmorelodge@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Thanks Joerg, very helpful.

We bought hull 9 (2012) a few months ago. Although the first owner passed on an Amel 55 owner's manual this provides no advice on rig and sail configurations. When we asked Amel if there was a user's manual with recommended sail arrangements they said no. Yet you refer to "instructions" for how to use the staysail when beating in strong winds. If you have Amel approved instructions for using the sails generally would you be able to send these as an email attachment?

Many thanks,

Gavin