Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bilge maitenance

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Joerg,

The short answer is be very careful what goes into the gray water bilge, especially the galley sink. Use Gel rather than soap, and clean it with a wet-vacuum at least every 2 months.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School  http://amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 1:25 PM, jhe1313@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I am new to Amels and would like to understand best practices how to keep the bilge clean. On the A55 it seems very difficult to really scrub the bilge - for one, all the hoses need to come out, in addition to the tube with the float switch and only a contortionist can really reach all the places. I am thinking about getting a pressure washer to make things easier. Or are there chemicals one can use to dissolve the slime of soap and organic waste that seems to accumulate on the tube and hoses? Standard bilge cleaner seems to do nothing. Many thanks!

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #37
Currently in southern Italy