Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Alternative for not working Sonic Speed sensors

karkauai

Thank you, Peregrinus!  Just the kind of info I was looking for.  According to my electronics guys, that DST800 has a history of malfunction.  They've quit using them.
I had an EchoPilot forward scan that only gave a narrow width sounding straight in front of the boat about a boat length ahead that was difficult to interpret at times.  To find a channel I had to turn the boat back and forth, and was never really confident in what I was seeing.  I'm waiting for the next generation that gives a picture of the bottom  30degrees wide.  Right now they're very expensive and require two transducers 18 inches apart...I don't really want to put two more holes in the boat.

Thanks again!

Kent
S/V Kristy SM243