hanspeter
SM16( Tamango 2

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 11.09.2017 um 23:41 schrieb Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Mark, Thanks for getting back . I used the same and correct filters. I observed that the linkage moved forward well beyond the 2200 point , but no further increase in rpms. The engine seems to run smoothly , if it were an injector would you have a noticeable telltale ? Is the fact that in neutral It gets to 3000 rpm mean anything?

Thanks,
Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Mon, Sep 11, 2017 4:57 pm
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] RPMs

Pat,

Here is a great page to give you some additional thoughts: https://www.sbmar.com/articles/understanding-low-power-troubleshooting/

White smoke is usually a sign of not enough air intake or failing fuel injector(s). However, white smoke is usually pretty noticeable. You say “a little white smoke” so I would not think it is an indication.

Also, another common issue most people do not check is the throttle linkage. Can you get RPM if you go down to the engine an manually move the throttle?

Else, I would start with the fuel system and work from there.
 “replaced both fuel filters” did you replace them with the same type?

Tubo failure will usually pump out black smoke.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper
Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275
Currently cruising - Grenada