Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Alternative for not working Sonic Speed sensors

Stephen Davis

Hi Kent,

I installed a DST800 about 3 years ago on Aloha for my Ray Marine instruments. Had to remove the transducer from a dead forward looking sonar unit, enlarge the hole, and install the DST800. Only one persons experience, but it's still going strong 7000nm later. It seemed like a better option at the time than an extra hole for a paddle wheel. My very old B&G depth transducer recently failed, and I bought the only available replacement through Myles Electronics in FL for way too much money. Have not installed it yet, but hoping to get my 2nd depth source on line again.

Regards,

Steve
Aloha SM72
Aruba for a few more days

On Sep 13, 2017, at 08:23, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I'm leery about the DST800.  Marine Electric Services says they are prone to failure and don't recommend them any more.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
Panama cell: +507-61171896
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Sep 8, 2017, at 2:06 PM, sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Kent
Would the B&G DST800 (by Aitmar I'm sure) do the trick along with their Forward Scan transducer.
Craig ( off NJ shore en route to Chesapeake)