Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Alex aboard Nikimat

Ken Powers <sailingaquarius@...>

To All,

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the people that were in the path of Irma.   Is there anyone close to Alex that could pick him up and take him somewhere safe....  maybe Martinique....

I hope things get better quickly,

Ken Powers
Aquarius SM2K
sailingaquarius.com

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:18 AM, "Ben Driver joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

We got a mail from our friends in France - Edouard And Marie-Helene Parent .  They were able to hook Alex up with a Swiss national who will assist him - if possible

"I received your file and send on the net a swiss friend is in contact with him for an help by Swiss consul"

Marie-Helene

Ben and Gayle
La Bella Vita
SM #347
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Monday, September 11, 2017, 8:07 AM, Ben Driver/YAHOO joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

We spoke to a friend in Cannes who is retired lawyer and lifelong Amel owner.  He is attending an Amel function Thursday where he will ask Amel's help for owners caught in the storm.  Also he is posting Alex's post from St Martin on a Cannes net so more I'll know of his and others dilemma. He  told us this morning  the government is sending foreign legion to restore order.  His email is below:

J'ai poste sur mon facebook et sur celui de mes amis de St martin mais pour l'instant c'est le chaos à St Martin.L'armee et 500 légionnaires et des commandos de police arrivent aujourd'hui à St Martin pour sécuriser l'île.C'est horrible et nous le plaignons beaucoup.Nous sommes en FRANCE et ne pouvons rien faire d'ici.J'ai envoyé à AMEL votre message et le témoignage d'Alex,COURAGE GAYLE NOUS VOUS EMBRASSONS ET ESPÉRONS DES JOURS MEILLEURS POUR VOUS REVOIR À ST MARTIN.

TRANSLATION
I post on my facebook and that of my friends of St martin but for now it is the chaos in St Martin. The army and 500 legionnaires and police commandos arrive today in St Martin to secure We are in FRANCE and can do nothing from here. I have sent to AMEL your message and the testimony of Alex, COURAGE GAYLE WE WILL EMBRACE AND HOPE BEST DAYS TO REVIEW YOU IN ST MARTIN.

Ben and Gayle
S/V La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Sep 11, 2017, at 5:34 AM, 'Hanspeter.baettig' hanspeter.baettig@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Alex, Bill
I spoke with the Swiss Goverment. In St.Martin there is no Swiss Emassy and no Consulat.
The contact Alex needs is the following:
Regional Konsulatcenter for St. Martin is in Den Haag, Holland
Regionales Konsularcenter Benelux Den Haag
c/o Schweizerische Botschaft
Lange Voorhout 42
2514 EE Den Haag
Niederlande
this office is also responsible for St. Martin
Phone: +31 70 3642831/32
maybe I coud help a littel bit.
And Alex take care my thougt are with you
Hanspeter
SM16, Tamango 2

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 11.09.2017 um 14:03 schrieb 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Derek Gates told me that he notified both Embassies.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sep 11, 2017 01:58, "grazyna.piesiewicz@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

A message copied form the Amel owners group on Facebook, a call for help from Alexandre:

"From our friend Alexandre asking for help. Please read it. St Maarten.
Moral is low.
I don’t even want to mop the floor.
Just waiting for the generator to get the Wifi
The fridge is warm.
People, including the Hotel employee, are angry.
The government doesn’t sell fuel to civilians.
when we run out of diesel for the generator: no internet, no fridge, no stove, no water for the toilet nor shower and computers, phone, etc. will run out of batteries.
I really don’t see a way out of this.
10.00 they are having difficulties to start the generator.
The Hotel internet is down and I can’t access the one next door.
I just cry.
During the 2 hours the generator was running, all I did was trying to get Wifi.
Then, to make the thing worst, the Hotel which originally agree on $1500 plus water and electricity, now wants $2250 because they can not meter the electricity nor water I use?!?
We argue for one hour, I tell them I am taking back my diesel and selling it to the higher offer.
Finally we settle for $1600 all together, but I lost trust in them.
I no longer feel safe here, more and more I want to leave, but I also don’t want to loose all I remove from the boat.
18.30 the generator starts, but no internet anywhere.
20.00 finally an internet connection.
Just sending the message I wrote.
I am so tired, if you could please contact any Swiss or French consulate to let them know I am at Simpson Bay Suites
3D Billy Fully Roaad
Pelican, St Maarten, N.A.
1.721.544.4441 (I doubt it works)
info@... (I doubt it works)