Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Alex aboard Nikimat

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning Ken and everybody on the Amel Forum,

I haven’t had the time to read all the message on the forum, but will.

The electricity was back, but is now intermittent, I think this is either because the electricity company which was damaged and can not run at full capacity is giving a few hours per district or because they shut the power to work on something then put it back.

We had water, but the cistern is empty… they suspect a leak.

Last Sunday the moral was low and I wanted to leave ASAP, now I am better.
I saved all my cloth, spare parts, etc. and I am not going to leave without them.
I am talking to all the people I can to get or buy a 20ft container and put everything I saved in it then likely go to Martinique.

I don’t think boats would be allow to come in, no more marinas, too many debris and sunk boats, not to mention the looters.

But THANKS to all of you for your support.
I really appreciate it and I hope to meet many of you during your travel.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Lost during Hurricane Irma, IGY Simpson Bay Marina, St Maarten, NA

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Alex aboard Nikimat
To: "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 4:53 AM

All,
My
thoughts and prayers go out to all the people that were in
the path of Irma.   Is there anyone close to Alex that
could pick him up and take him somewhere safe....  maybe
Martinique....
hope things get better quickly,
Ken
PowersAquarius
SM2K sailingaquarius.com

On Tuesday, September
12, 2017 10:18 AM, "Ben Driver @JoeDoakes
[amelyachtowners]"
<amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We got a mail from our friends in France - Edouard And
Marie-Helene Parent .  They were able to hook Alex up with
a Swiss national who will assist him - if
possible

"I received your file and
send on the net a swiss friend is in contact with him
for an help by Swiss consul"

Marie-Helene

Ben and
GayleLa Bella VitaSM #347Sent from Yahoo Mail for
iPad

On
Monday, September 11, 2017, 8:07 AM, Ben Driver/YAHOO
@JoeDoakes [amelyachtowners]
<amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:

We spoke
to a friend in Cannes who is retired lawyer and lifelong
Amel owner.  He is attending an Amel function Thursday
where he will ask Amel's help for owners caught in the
storm.  Also he is posting Alex's post from St Martin
on a Cannes net so more I'll know of his and others
dilemma. He  told us this morning  the government is
sending foreign legion to restore order.  His email is
below:
J'ai
poste sur mon facebook et sur celui de mes amis de St martin
mais pour l'instant c'est le chaos à St
Martin.L'armee et 500 légionnaires et des commandos de
police arrivent aujourd'hui à St Martin pour sécuriser
l'île.C'est horrible et nous le plaignons
beaucoup.Nous sommes en FRANCE et ne pouvons rien faire
d'ici.J'ai envoyé à AMEL votre message et le
témoignage d'Alex,COURAGE GAYLE NOUS VOUS EMBRASSONS ET
ESPÉRONS DES JOURS MEILLEURS POUR VOUS REVOIR À ST
MARTIN.

TRANSLATION
I post on my facebook and that of my friends of
St martin but for now it is the chaos in St Martin. The army
and 500 legionnaires and police commandos arrive today in St
Martin to secure We are in FRANCE and can do nothing from
here. I have sent to AMEL your message and the testimony of
Alex, COURAGE GAYLE WE WILL EMBRACE AND HOPE BEST DAYS TO
REVIEW YOU IN ST MARTIN.

Ben and
Gayle S/V La Bella VitaSM #347
Sent from my
iPad
On Sep 11,
2017, at 5:34 AM, 'Hanspeter.baettig' hanspeter.baettig@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:

Alex, BillI spoke with the Swiss
Goverment. In St.Martin there is no Swiss Emassy and no
Consulat.The
contact Alex needs is the following:Regional Konsulatcenter
for St. Martin is in Den Haag, HollandRegionales
Konsularcenter Benelux Den Haagc/o Schweizerische
BotschaftLange Voorhout
422514 EE
Den HaagNiederlandethis office is also
responsible for St. MartinPhone: +31 70
3642831/32Fax: +31 70 3651238email: benelux@... I coud help a
littel bit.And Alex take care my
thougt are with youHanspeterSM16, Tamango 2

Von meinem iPad
gesendet
Am 11.09.2017 um 14:03
schrieb 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@...