Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Alex aboard Nikimat
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 11:00 AM

Hi Alexandre,
Kimberlite should be in Martinique about November 10
for a few months.
You are  more than welcome to stay aboard.
Fair Winds,
Eric

----- Original
Message -----
From: "Ken Powers
sailingaquarius@... [amelyachtowners]"
Date: Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:53 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Alex
aboard Nikimat
To:
"amelyachtowners@..."

> To All,
> My thoughts and prayers go out to all the
people that were in
> the path of Irma.
  Is there anyone close to Alex that could
> pick him up and take him somewhere
safe....  maybe Martinique....
hope things get better quickly,
> Ken
PowersAquarius SM2K sailingaquarius.com

> On Tuesday,
September 12, 2017 10:18 AM, "Ben Driver

@JoeDoakes [amelyachtowners]"
> wrote:
>

>   We got a mail
from our friends in France - Edouard And
> Marie-Helene Parent .  They were able to
hook Alex up with a
> Swiss national who
will assist him - if possible

> "I received your file and send on the
net a swiss friend is in
> contact with
him for an help by Swiss consul"

> Marie-Helene
>
> Ben and GayleLa Bella VitaSM #347Sent
from Yahoo Mail for iPad

> On Monday, September 11, 2017, 8:07 AM,
Ben Driver/YAHOO
> @JoeDoakes
[amelyachtowners]
> wrote:
>
> We spoke to a
friend in Cannes who is retired lawyer and
> lifelong Amel owner.  He is attending an
Amel function Thursday
> where he will
ask Amel's help for owners caught in the storm.
>  Also he is posting Alex's post from
St Martin on a Cannes net
> so more
I'll know of his and others dilemma. He  told us this

> morning  the government is sending
foreign legion to restore
> order.  His
email is below:
> J'ai poste sur mon
facebook et sur celui de mes amis de St
> martin mais pour l'instant c'est
le chaos à St Martin.L'armee et

500 légionnaires et des commandos de police arrivent
aujourd'hui
> à St Martin pour
sécuriser l'île.C'est horrible et nous le
> plaignons beaucoup.Nous sommes en FRANCE
et ne pouvons rien
> faire
d'ici.J'ai envoyé à AMEL votre message et le
témoignage
> d'Alex,COURAGE GAYLE
NOUS VOUS EMBRASSONS ET ESPÉRONS DES JOURS
> MEILLEURS POUR VOUS REVOIR À ST
MARTIN.

TRANSLATION
> I post on my facebook and
that of my friends of St martin but

for now it is the chaos in St Martin. The army and 500
> legionnaires and police commandos arrive
today in St Martin to
> secure We are in
FRANCE and can do nothing from here. I have
> sent to AMEL your message and the
testimony of Alex, COURAGE
> GAYLE WE
WILL EMBRACE AND HOPE BEST DAYS TO REVIEW YOU IN ST
MARTIN.

> Ben and Gayle S/V La Bella VitaSM #347
> Sent from my iPad
> On
Sep 11, 2017, at 5:34 AM, 'Hanspeter.baettig'
> hanspeter.baettig@...
[amelyachtowners]
> wrote:
>

>   Alex, BillI spoke with the Swiss
Goverment. In St.Martin
> there is no
Swiss Emassy and no Consulat.The contact Alex needs
> is the following:Regional Konsulatcenter
for St. Martin is in
> Den Haag,
HollandRegionales Konsularcenter Benelux Den Haagc/o
> Schweizerische BotschaftLange Voorhout
422514 EE Den
> HaagNiederlandethis
office is also responsible for St.

MartinPhone: +31 70 3642831/32Fax: +31 70 3651238email:
> benelux@... I coud help a
littel bit.And Alex take
> care my
thougt are with youHanspeterSM16, Tamango 2

> Von meinem iPad
gesendet
> Am 11.09.2017 um 14:03 schrieb
'Bill & Judy Rouse'

yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]
> :
>
>   Derek Gates told me that he notified
both Embassies.

> CW Bill Rouse

Admiral, Texas Navy
> Commander
Emeritus
School www.amelschool.com
> 720 Winnie
St

2017 01:58, "grazyna.piesiewicz@...
> [amelyachtowners]" wrote:
>
>   A message copied
form the Amel owners group on Facebook, a
> call for help from Alexandre:
>
> "From our
friend Alexandre asking for help. Please read it. St
> Maarten. Moral is low.
> I don’t even want to mop the floor.
> Just waiting for the generator to get the
Wifi
> The fridge is warm.
> People, including the Hotel employee, are
angry.
> The government doesn’t sell
fuel to civilians.
> when we run out of
diesel for the generator: no internet, no
> fridge, no stove, no water for the toilet
nor shower and
> computers, phone, etc.
will run out of batteries.
> I really
don’t see a way out of this.
> 10.00
they are having difficulties to start the generator.
> The Hotel internet is down and I can’t
access the one next
> door.
> I just cry.
> During
the 2 hours the generator was running, all I did was
> trying to get Wifi.

Then, to make the thing worst, the Hotel which originally
agree
> on $1500 plus water and
electricity, now wants $2250 because

they can not meter the electricity nor water I use?!?
> We argue for one hour, I tell them I am
taking back my diesel
> and selling it
to the higher offer.
> Finally we settle
for $1600 all together, but I lost trust in
> them.
> I no longer
feel safe here, more and more I want to leave, but
> I also don’t want to loose all I remove
from the boat.
> 18.30 the generator
starts, but no internet anywhere.

20.00 finally an internet connection.

Just sending the message I wrote.
> I am
so tired, if you could please contact any Swiss or French

> consulate to let them know I am at
Simpson Bay Suites
> 3D Billy Fully
Roaad