Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] RPMs

John Clark

Well I guess that explains issue.
On the turbo: if it isnt spinning freely because of build up, that may be
fixable without undue expense. Bearings, that is a different can. I have
seen tmd22 turbos rebuilt on youtube, I think there is a kit.

On waste gate: I have not disassembled mine so I really don't know what
happens internally, but the manual speaks of fractions of a millimeter
travel?

John Clark
SV Annie SM
Heading to Oriental NC

On Sep 15, 2017 2:03 PM, "'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@gmail.com [amelyachtowners]"
<amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Pat,

I am going to be the bearer of bad news here. The blades should turn with
the lightest touch. The fact yours don’t means the bearings are corroded. I
do not know of a magic spray that can fix this. The turbo is going to have
to be rebuilt or replaced. Ouch. Sorry.

But, on the bright side, you have solved your problem.

Check a local shop for a rebuild quote. If you are good with tools, you
can buy rebuild kits on ebay. Youtube has videos of how to rebuild a turbo.
If it were me, I’d take it to a shop for a quote.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff