Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lofrans Windlass Control Box

drdavegoodman

Hi Micahel
My chain counter is now malfunctioning (SM 260 1998). Who did you
contact for the replacement parts you mentioned in your post?
Thanks
Dave
s/v Bel Ami

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, michael grunstein
<mgrunstein2002@...> wrote:

I had a faulty readout, it just counted up and then
down continuously without even operating the anchor.
I finaly replaced the electronic guts, inside the boat
above the sink counter, as well as the transducer on
the windlass. Problem solved.

Michael Grunstein, #345, Yonita
--- Ian Shepherd <sv_freespirit@...> wrote:

Hi Judy and Bill,

Glad you fixed the problem OK and thanks for sharing
the fix with us in case
we have the same problem. I have been having a
related problem the past two
summers with my chain counter that has been driving
me nuts. It works
perfectly in mild temperatures, but once it gets
above about 33C, the
readout goes haywire then freezes. You can anchor
successfully and then
watch the chain counter slowly count down to zero
then go to negative
numbers over a period of time, so when you weigh
anchor, you don't know when
it is coming on board, though I do find that my
forward looking sonar set to
the 6M range does show the chain angle and the
anchor itself.

I really have not proved if the problem lies in the
counter sensor or the
instrument itself. Tests have been inconclusive. Has
anyone else had this
problem and can shed some light on where the fault
lies please?

Ian Shepherd SM 414 Crusader

removed]

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's