Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel SM 2000 windless switch

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Steve,

I always bought the windlass switches from Amel. They were 5-6 euros each.

It is true that UV will destroy the rubber...BUT...UV and weather is not really that good for the windlass. I always recommend using a canvass cover for the windlass. If you do, you will only have to replace these rubber switches every 10 years. It also looks much sharper covered.

Another owner bought replacement switches from:
Imtra Corporation
30 Samuel Barnet Boulevard
New Bedford, MA 02745
email: contact"at"imtra.com
Main Phone Number: 508-995-7000
But, you would need the part number for the momentary-on push button switch, or the specifications, which I do not have.

I suggest that you order these switches from SAV"at"amel.fr when you place an order for other parts. In the meantime, use some RTV on the rubber cap to keep water out, and think about a cover for the windlass.

I am sorry that I could not get you more information.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...> wrote:
Steve,

SAV"at"Amel.fr for sure. I will post later the size and specifications. You may be able to find locally.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sep 18, 2017 13:06, "caliber33verizon.net@...m [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...om> wrote:

 It's the one on top of the windless Where can order one of these?