Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Iridium Go Feedback

Porter McRoberts

Completely agree.
Used outside external antenna fine but inside use an external. We connected with an adaptor to the existing iridium satellite phone antenna.

That said. It usually takes 2-4 attempts to get a good connection. Voice calls scratchy and I'd say we achieve 50% information penetrance. Does anyone else have similar experiences?  Texting highly effective and reliable.

Always appreciated

Porter McRoberts

54- hull152.

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone

On Sep 19, 2017, at 11:44 AM, Stephen Davis flyboyscd@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We have used the Iridium Go for about 2 years, and love it. Connections are fairly reliable with the external antenna, but a bit frustrating without it. Spend the extra $300 for the external antenna, and you will be happy you did.

Regards,

Aloha SM72
Santa Marta, Columbia

On Sep 19, 2017, at 09:29, SV Garulfo svgarulfo@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,

To those of you using Iridium Go, did you find that it was necessary to get the Antenna?
Would love to hear about your user experience.

Many thanks

Thomas & Soraya

Garulfo
Amel 54 #122