Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bilge maitenance

Aldo Roldan

Have you tried vinegar (disolved with water in various proportions)?  It works for cleaning, for glass, mirrors for mold, for musty wood, and for odors.  For many applications it beats the manufactured supermarket type products.  We have become great fans of this humble traditional product.

On Sep 20, 2017, at 6:28 AM, jhe1313@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

thanks much for everyone's input.  I'm surprised nobody is using something to cut down on the smell.  3 days after a thorough cleaning with wetvac and all, it started smelling again.  The smell comes back up through the hoses in the galley and heads.  We're very "careful" with what goes down the sink but let's face it, something will always go down and it seems there should be a solution that keeps the smell away.  I've been experimenting with various products - I found a bilge cleaner in a small harbor in Italy that worked pretty well but it's used up now and I can't buy it again.  Cheers Joerg