From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:24 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Head swivel

Thanks Miles! Will do that!

Cheers, John

C'est si Bon

On Sep 21, 2017, at 8:28 AM, Miles Bidwell milesbid@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello C'est si bon,

In my pre-AMEL days, I had a boat on which the swivel stuck. Some one from Hood sails told me to do this: run water through the swivel, then soak it with WD-40. Then wash again and soak again and wash again . This worked . I know that WD-40 is not a lubricant but it is a strong detergent and removed all the accumulated dirt. It makes a mess on the deck, but washes off with lots of water.
I now do this about once a year and it has worked for 19 years.

Regards,
Miles.
Ladybug. S/M 216. At anchor in a sheltered bay north of Newport, RI