Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Shipping Goods from US to Amel in France

svmalaika@...

In 2001 when we purchased our Super Maramu 2000, MALAIKA II, we made two
shipments to Amel in La Rochelle; one from our previous Amel in Seattle and the
other from our east coast residence. Both shipments were received by Amel "in
bond" so there was no customs inspection nor duties or taxes assessed. The
goods were held by them until we took delivery of the boat. They were then
loaded aboard and "exported" together with MALAIKA II. No problems. I'd confirm
with Amel that they still offer this service and details such as address and
labeling. Then find a reputable shipper on the US side and send your
things.

Regards,

Charlie
S/V MALAIKA II