Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Jeff on Spirit and hurricane Maria

VLADIMIR SONSEV

Jeff,

Congratulations! Well done! We are happy for you.

SM 345 "Life is Good"
Vladimir
202 258 1916

On Sep 22, 2017 18:03, "'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I just received a note from Jeff on his Amel 54.

He left the South west coast of Puerto  Rico before Maria and headed south. He encountered winds to 40 knots and seas 8-12 feet.

He returned to the marina and he was the only boat floating,. The buoys to the entrance were gone

Some boats floating and many piled up on the beach. He entered and tied up to the gas dock in 20 knots.

He did this all single handed.30 hours total time solo.

Congratulations to Jeff