Re: Alternative 24 volt interior lighting

kimberlite1212 <no_reply@...>

Richard,
i had amel install the led option on kimberlite.
i believe they installed 7 red leds almost at cabin sole level for
night lighting .they work great. i also used a few of the davis
replacements on my old boat. i was equally satisfied with them for
cabin lighting. they were a little short when it came to reading.
eric
kimberlite sm 376.

--- In amelyachtowners@y..., closereach <no_reply@y...> wrote:
Does anyone have direct experience/comments to share on using more
efficient 24 volt lighting? Specifically, has anyone tried using
white LEDs lights? I see that Davis Instruments makes these in a
cluster with two diferent bayonet socket styles but only in 12
volt.
Do they put out enough light for general use in the saloon or even
for reading?

Also, does anyone have experience with the new CCF (cold cathode
flourescent) series lights from Taylorbrite? While not as
efficient
as LEDs the product specs say they're 4-12 times more efficient
than
conventional incandescent lights.

Thanks
Richard