replacing Climma controls

Ryan Meador

Hi all,
One of the mechanical Climma air conditioning control panels on my boat is not fully functional, and apparently these panels are no longer made.  After lengthy back and forth with Veco/Climma, Coastal Climate Control, and Micro Air (all of which have been a pleasure to work with thus far), it seems the best path forward for me is to replace the entire "brain" of the AC unit with the FX-2 from Micro Air and the associated EasyTouch control panel.  This is definitely overkill, but not significantly more difficult or expensive than any of the other options, and nets a bunch of new features (like dehumidify mode, day/time scheduling, and WiFi remote control).  I'm going to replace the controls on all 3 units so they're all consistent and I can take full advantage of the new features.  I especially think it will be valuable for heating over the cold Boston winter.

Before I pull the trigger, has anyone else done something like this?  Any tips or tricks?

Thanks,
Ryan
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA