Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] replacing Climma controls

Ken Powers <sailingaquarius@...>

Hello Ryan,

I have the same problem with two of my Climma conditioners.  The problem with the unit in the living room was a $15 relay (repair to be completed soon), but the problem with the aft cabin required a replacement of the entire switch.  After doing the same research, I bought the FX-2 W/Softstart with metal enclosure..  ASY360-XL6.  I also got the Brass Sensor SUB-056-X07,  Display Cable SUB-031-X10,  EasyTouch Cont Disp 8 P WIFI  ASY-389-X02-WIFI  Firmware Version N10.

All at a cost of $US824 .

I decided for now to change the Climma brains in the aft cabin because 1) the controls are in the bathroom, and you have to get out of bed to change the settings, and 2) because that is the place where we use aircon the most.   I will try to install the unit in the next week, so ( a big SO) if successful I'll update with some photos and wiring instructions to complete the task.  Looks like it should be easy if you have the correct wiring diagrams.  I asked for some help for the guys at Micro Air, and not much back.  Sent them the Climma wiring diagram, and thought they would send me a diagram showing where each wire should go...

If anyone has completed the installation of the FX2 with easy start/Easy Touch with WiFi, please let me know..

Thanks,

Ken Powers
SV Aquarius SM@K 262
Currently in Trinidad on the hard at PowerBoats

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:52 PM, "Ryan Meador ryan.d.meador@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Hi all,
One of the mechanical Climma air conditioning control panels on my boat is not fully functional, and apparently these panels are no longer made.  After lengthy back and forth with Veco/Climma, Coastal Climate Control, and Micro Air (all of which have been a pleasure to work with thus far), it seems the best path forward for me is to replace the entire "brain" of the AC unit with the FX-2 from Micro Air and the associated EasyTouch control panel.  This is definitely overkill, but not significantly more difficult or expensive than any of the other options, and nets a bunch of new features (like dehumidify mode, day/time scheduling, and WiFi remote control).  I'm going to replace the controls on all 3 units so they're all consistent and I can take full advantage of the new features.  I especially think it will be valuable for heating over the cold Boston winter.

Before I pull the trigger, has anyone else done something like this?  Any tips or tricks?

Thanks,
Ryan
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA