Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Iridium Go or Iridium 9555 with Red Port Optimiser

James Studdart

We've used the Iridium Go since leaving the med a year or so ago. It's been flawless as long as there is a clear view of the sky (anchorage with sheer cliffs isn't great). At sea is the ideal condition for it. We have the unlimited plan and check emails, download weather and if I'm really bored on a night watch, use opera mini to "surf" the web.

We have the external antenna and leave the whole thing on all the time.

I've found the iPad app to be much much better than the Mac or PC version of the same thing.

Cheers,
James
SeaBean, SM #344
Apataki, French Polynesia.