Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Iridium Go or Iridium 9555 with Red Port Optimiser

karkauai

That's disappointing to hear Porter.  I just added new fixed antenna because of that same experience without it.
Kent

Porter McRobertsQuestion on this topic please for Iridium Go users:

Are used him go both with its own and Hanna and then also plugged in to an existing iridium satellite phone antenna.

Regardless of the antenna used I find that it takes sometimes multiple times even up to 10 or more before my login to the Mail and download is successful. It may take some times 30 to 50 minutes of failed attempts before I get a connection and am able to download the mail.

Sometimes I get so frustrated I just simply abandon the task and come back to it later as it may take that amount of time – 30, 40, 50 minutes of attempting and then I abandon.
Am I an outlier? Or do others also have this scenario?

Very much appreciated

Porter