Electric bilge pump float actuator removal

jonathan681684 <john.stonier@...>

I want to remove the float actuator mechanism assembly from the bilge,
to give me better access.
As I am sure you all know, it consists of two sections of plastic drain
pipe material with a float inside connected to a rod which actuates an
electric switch. I cannot completly extract the assemby from the
bilge, as it interfears with the engine room roof before I can fully
pull it out. The two sections of pipe will slide inside each other when
I loosen a screw, but that does not make the assembly any shorter as
the rod just becomes more exposed.

Can anyone help, there must be a simple way to do this ?

Thanks,

John stonier, Santorin Allegra.