Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Vetus Alarm

DITTO!!!

Borel unit is an excellent safety backup.

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM007

On 4 Oct 2017, at 21:12, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

The Borel unit has saved my bacon twice.

You can order it in either the 12 volt or 24 volt version. . If you do ask for a 20 foot length of wire on the unit. I have mine mounted on the port side of the companionway next to the Amel nameplate.

The unit is so simple you do not have to make it more complicated. There is a thermocouple that mounts to the exhaust hose. When the hose is not too hot the thermocouple is open and draws no current. Thus the alarm will not sound.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376