Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Speaking of temperatures and alarms

Stephen Davis

It would not be difficult to do, but I'd be worried about discharging the 12v starting battery since the blowers are 12v, and are high draw items. We typically open the engine room hatch for a few minutes after shutting down to allow some of the heat to escape. It works and is low tech.

Steve Davis
Aloha SM72

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 9:33 AM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Has anyone rigged a thermostat to run a blower when the engine (or genset) are not running, but the engine room is really hot?  Typically our engine room gets quite hot AFTER the main engine has been shut down, the blowers stop, and the heat soaks out of the block.

It gets hot enough it starts to approach the upper specification temperatures for some of the electrical gear.

I have a couple ideas on how to go about it, but maybe someone else has had a better idea...

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

Back Creek, Annapolis, MD