Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Vetus Alarm

karkauai

I added raw water flow alarms in the hoses between the sea chest and the Yanmar and ONAN.  Both already have exhaust temp alarms and the Yanmar has an exhaust temp cut-off switch.  If something causes the exhaust temp to go up enough to alarm or shut off the engine, the impeller is toast.  With the flow rate alarm, I picked up a bunch of trash that stopped up the sea chest strainer.  The alarm started to sound, and I immediately  shut the Yanmar down and cleaned the strainer.  Back up and running in 3 min without having to change the hard-to-get-to raw water impeller.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM243