Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Vetus Alarm

James Cromie

Kent -
I would like to echo Craig’s inquiry - we’re very interested in knowing what alarms you found worked well.  Do you have any photos of the set up?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

James

On Oct 7, 2017, at 9:44 AM, sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hey Kent,

Than's a GREAT solution - thanks for sharing!
What alarm did you use?
Craig Briggs, SN#68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

I added raw water flow alarms in the hoses between the sea chest and the Yanmar and ONAN.  Both already have exhaust temp alarms and the Yanmar has an exhaust temp cut-off switch.  If something causes the exhaust temp to go up enough to alarm or shut off the engine, the impeller is toast.  With the flow rate alarm, I picked up a bunch of trash that stopped up the sea chest strainer.  The alarm started to sound, and I immediately  shut the Yanmar down and cleaned the strainer.  Back up and running in 3 min without having to change the hard-to-get-to raw water impeller.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM243