Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Worn Worm Gears in Furling Gearboxes

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Not that it is critical other than it helps for identification, the smaller gear on a shaft, engaging with a larger gear is known as a pinion. If you google the word you will see they come in a variety of shapes and sizes. That is my understanding.
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

Sent from my Vodafone Smart

On 8 Oct 2017 19:37, "divanz620@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote: win.....

I believe the output device is also known as a worm wheel.....but no matter

Join to automatically receive all group messages.