Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Keel bolts

Bill Fletcher

Hi  I own a 1984 MARAMU 179 I have spent some time finding a fresh water leaking keelboat. I found it and sealed and repainted the nut and bolt. In my armature opinion Amel is built with a lot of redundancy in the keel bolts just by shear number. Unless you see some cracking or movement I wouldn't worry about them. I have sail her over 7000 miles in the last six years.

Tahitian Dream

On Oct 10, 2017, at 10:31 AM, smiles bernard smilesbernard@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Amel fans

My wife and i are planning to head off across oceans with our young kids next year.

We recently purchased a maramu from 1985. Not a SM. she's amazing but I feel I have lots to learn!

I have been pondering the condition of the keel bolts and whether or not to bother with this line of enquiry before we head off.

I believe they are accessible within the water tanks under the table.

I'd be really interested to hear other people's experience with inspection / access and condition of these once inspected.

Many thanks in advance and fair winds

Miles

SeaLove #162