From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Tuesday, 10 October 2017 4:59 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Leaking sea water pump

Warren,

Certainly not a super urgent matter that your sea water pump is leaking. Leaking behind the openings in the impeller casing is common sign of the lip seals (or face seals, if that's what your pump has) being worn out (you didn't tell us what kind of engine/pump you have). It's an easy and inexpensive DIY fix that you may want to put on your future PM schedule. Do rinse off the dripping sea water with fresh before it encrusts other stuff. If this has just started you can certainly run many more hours, monitoring the drips. Odd though that it only drips after engine shut down - I should think you'd see it dripping while the engine is running.

Good luck with it,

Craig Briggs, SN#68 Sangaris, in New Bern, NC for a bit.

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

Wow. Good stuff. We own a 1980 Sharki #15. And love it! Have a problem now with the sea water pump dripping water from the openings behind the impeller casing. Does anyone know if this ia an urgent matter to attend to or could I safely motor for a few more hours. It only seems to leak after the engine has been turned off.

Cheers,

Warren

Manon2

From: "hanoah64@... [amelyachtowners]" Date: Sunday, September 17, 2017 2:27 pm