From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 10:54 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: What are those pink circles on the keel for ?

When we stripped Garulfo's bottom paint back to the gelcoat this summer, we too noticed those oddities. And then I remembered reading somewhere (most probably in this forum) they were openings used for force-ventilating the inside of the hull during construction work.

Thomas

Garulfo

Amel 54 #122

Cruising Gibraltar

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 at 04:05, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

OK, now I am really reaching (I hope!)...

Did somebody cut a hole into the side of the keel stub to reach keel bolts????

You should have that piece of keel just in front of the c-drive framed.  I think it is an original Pollack....

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

Back Creek, Annapolis, MD