Re: Alternative 24 volt interior lighting

pagandaisy <no_reply@...>

When I bought my SM 8 years ago I objected then to the "map lights"
Amel was then installing as reading lights and insisted instead on 24
volt halogen lights. We found some made by Hella in the catalog. My
experience has been exceptional, plenty of light to read by and
almost endless lamp life. I wonder if Amel has installed these in
later editions of the SM. Arnold

--- In amelyachtowners@y..., closereach <no_reply@y...> wrote:
Does anyone have direct experience/comments to share on using more
efficient 24 volt lighting? Specifically, has anyone tried using
white LEDs lights? I see that Davis Instruments makes these in a
cluster with two diferent bayonet socket styles but only in 12
volt.
Do they put out enough light for general use in the saloon or even
for reading?

Also, does anyone have experience with the new CCF (cold cathode
flourescent) series lights from Taylorbrite? While not as efficient
as LEDs the product specs say they're 4-12 times more efficient
than
conventional incandescent lights.

Thanks
Richard