Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Electric Heads

greatketch@...

Eric,

Exactly.

Calcium hypochlorite is "solid chlorine."  Used in "pool chlorine" and in some powdered "beaching" cleaners. Also used in "drop in the tank" toilet cleaners.  The calcium salt has limited solubility in water.

As a 3-5% solution in water Sodium hypochlorite is "Chlorox."  I have never seen it as a solid, and if my memory serves, it not safely stable in anhydrous form.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Back Creek, Annapolis, MD

---In amelyachtowners@..., <kimberlite@...> wrote :

Isn’t calcium hypochlorite usually uses as a powder and sodium hypochlorite usually used as a liquid?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376